Social Emotional Learning
We have created a culture of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) so that our students who have experienced trauma can feel peaceful and have the supports they need to be ready to learn. C.B. Community Schools has a full team of SEL professionals checking in with students throughout the day, implementing our Plan for Peace and Justice and supporting students with their needs. CBCS also has many onsite services through our community partnerships to create a continuum of care for our students. A SEL team member is available to support our students year-round, twenty-four hours a day!
Here are a few of the many SEL supports provided to students:
- An onsite outpatient mental health clinic through our partnership with Merakey so that all of our students who choose to receive therapy and medication management can do so at the school!
- A school-based health center through our partnership with EducationPlusHealth where students can be seen by a Nurse Practitioner onsite each day!
- Check-ins throughout the day
- Daily calls to caregivers if a student is absent from school
- Support with keeping our Plan for Peace and Justice commitments
- Onsite SEL groups including: grief counseling, a legal clinic, parenting, healthy relationships and many more!
- Referrals to additional resources and extracurricular programs
- Collaboration with caregivers, child welfare workers, child advocates and all members of our students’ support systems
- Advocating in court for our students’ needs
- Support with job readiness and acquiring vital documents
- Incentive trips for students who are caring about our commitments, their attendance and their learning!